Aarti Sharma, M.D., M.B., B.S. Specialties: Anesthesiology, Pediatric Anesthesiology
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Aetna - NYP
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield Healthplus
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans
- United Healthcare
About Aarti Sharma, M.D., M.B., B.S.
Dr. Sharma received her medical degree from Goa Medical College, India. She earned a Diploma in Anesthesia from the Royal College of Anaesthesia in England. Dr. Sharma completed her residency in anesthesiology at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital and her fellowship in pediatric anesthesia at Children's National Medical Center in Washington, D.C. Dr. Sharma is Co-Director of Pediatric Anesthesia and Director of Pediatric Sedation Outside of the Operating Rooms. She also serves as Medical Director of Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists in the Department of Anesthesiology.
Dr. Sharma's clinical interests involve anesthesia for Pediatric Cardiac Surgery, Pediatric Sedation Outside the Operating Rooms, and conducting research on Platelet Activation Factors in children undergoing cardiopulmonary bypass for congenital heart surgery.
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Fellowship: Goa University Medical College of Bombay
- Medical School: Goa University Medical College of Bombay
- Residency: Goa University Medical College of Bombay