Adam Talenfeld, MD Specialties: Diagnostic Radiology, Vascular and Interventional Radiology, Hematology/Oncology, Radiology
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Aetna - NYP
- Aetna - Weill Cornell
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield Healthplus
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans
- United Healthcare
About Adam Talenfeld, MD
Adam Talenfeld, M.D. is an Assistant Professor of Radiology at Weill Cornell Medical College and an Assistant Attending Radiologist at the New York-Presbyterian Hospital. Dr. Talenfeld earned board certification by the American Board of Radiology in Diagnostic Radiology in 2008 and in Interventional Radiology (CAQ) in 2011. A native of Arizona with New York roots, Dr. Talenfeld graduated Alpha Omega Alpha from the University of Arizona College of Medicine on full scholarship before completing his residency in diagnostic radiology and fellowship in interventional radiology at the Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York.
Dr. Talenfeld's research is focused within the growing field of Comparative Effectiveness, also known as Patient-Centered Outcomes Research (PCOR). By establishing and studying patient registries and other "real-world" data sources, Comparative Effectiveness Research (CER) seeks to directly compare different methods of diagnosis and treatment in order to empower patients, health care providers and policy makers facing individual and population-wide decisions every day.
Dr. Talenfeld's clinical practice focuses on minimally invasive, image-guided interventional procedures for the treatment of primary and metastatic liver cancers and other tumors, a field also known as interventional oncology. Alone or in combination with traditional surgery or chemotherapy, treatments such as trans-arterial radioembolization (a.k.a. selective internal radiation therapy), trans-arterial chemoembolization and percutaneous thermal tumor ablation offer improved survival and quality of life and, in some cases, cure. Patients receiving many of the procedures Dr. Talenfeld performs will go home the same day; others after only a short hospital stay.
Dr. Talenfeld is fluent in Spanish.
Frequently performed procedures:
- Trans-arterial liver tumor therapy, including radioembolization (a.k.a. selective internal radiotherapy)
- Percutaneous tumor ablation, including microwave and radiofrequency
- Chemotherapy infusion port placement and other vascular access procedures
- Image guided needle biopsy
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell Medical Center
Image Guided Biopsies
Metastatic Cancer to Liver
Transjugular Intrahepatic Portosystemic Shunt (TIPS)
- Fellowship: Mount Sinai Medical Center
- Internship: St. Vincent's Hospital and Medical Center
- Medical School: University of Arizona College of Medicine
- Residency: Mount Sinai Medical Center
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Vascular and Interventional Radiology