Adela Cimic, MD Specialties: Pathology - Anatomic
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Local 1199
- Magnacare (National)
About Adela Cimic, MD
I am board-certified anatomic pathologist with clinical expertise in gynecologic pathology including placenta and cytopathology. Prior to joining the Columbia University Medical Center in 2019 after I completed my subspecialty training at Weill Cornell Medicine.
As a surgical pathologist and cytopathologist, I examine tissue samples and cells to provide patients with accurate diagnoses. I participate in multidisciplinary tumor board meetings for the gynecologic oncology service and work closely with my colleagues to offer high quality subspecialty care for our patients. My research is focused on the HPV-associated lesions of the lower genital tract and I am actively involved in the research focused on placenta accreta. Besides my clinical duties and research interests, training and mentoring of our residents and fellows bring a special joy to my professional life. I cherish teaching our residents and medical students at the microscope during sign-out and educational sessions.
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Fellowship: Weill Cornell Medical College
- Internship: Clinical Center University of Sarajevo
- Medical School: University of Sarajevo
- Residency: Clinical Center University of Sarajevo
- Residency: North Carolina Baptist Hospital/Bowman Gray School
- Residency: Wake Forest Baptist Health
- Pathology - Anatomic