Adin Nelson, MD, MHPE Specialties: Pediatrics, Pediatric Hospitalist
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Aetna - NYP
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield Healthplus
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans
- United Healthcare
About Adin Nelson, MD, MHPE
Dr. Nelson is an assistant professor of clinical pediatrics at Weill Cornell Medicine, where he serves as the associate pediatrics clerkship director. He is also an attending hospitalist at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center.
Dr. Nelson grew up in Teaneck, NJ. He attended Vassar College, where he earned a BA in Biochemistry and Dance. He received his MD at Tufts University School of Medicine, and completed his residency training at Jacobi Medical Center in the Bronx. In 2020, Dr. Nelson also earned a Masters in Health Professions Education from Maastricht University and New York University.
Board-certified in both general pediatrics and pediatric hospital medicine, Dr. Nelson worked for five years as an assistant professor and pediatric hospitalist at Rutgers-New Jersey Medical School, where he also served as the associate residency program director. He has been involved in medical education throughout his training and career, and it remains a major focus of his work.
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Queens Hospital
- Degrees: Tufts University School of Medicine
- Degrees: Vassar College
- 6/2021, Excellence in Medical Education Award for the Pediatrics Clerkship, Weill Cornell Medicine
- 6/2019, Department of Pediatrics Attending of the Year Award, Rutgers-New Jersey Medical School
- 6/2016, Department of Pediatrics Service from the Heart Award, Rutgers-New Jersey Medical School
- 6/2015, Leo M. Davidoff Society Award for Outstanding Achievement in Teaching Medical Students, Lewis M. Fraad Department of Pediatrics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- 5/2013, Intern Award for Excellence in Teaching, Lewis M. Fraad Department of Pediatrics, Jacobi Medical Center at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine