Alexander Gavlin, MD Specialties: Diagnostic Radiology, Vascular and Interventional Radiology
Additional Locations for Alexander Gavlin, MD
- 28-25 Jackson Ave.Long Island City
- 2315 Broadway4th FloorNew York
- 425 East 61st Street9th FloorNew York
- 520 East 70th StreetStarr Pavilion, Ground FloorNew York
- 416 East 55th StreetNew York
- 525 East 68th StreetNew York
- 1283 York Avenue7th FloorNew York
- 1305 York Avenue3rd FloorNew York
- 53 Beekman StreetGround LevelNew York
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Aetna - NYP
- Aetna - Weill Cornell
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield Healthplus
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans
- United Healthcare
About Alexander Gavlin, MD
Alexander Gavlin, MD is a board-certified radiologist specializing in abdominopelvic imaging. He is an Assistant Professor of Radiology at Weill Cornell Medical College and Assistant Attending Radiologist at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Campus.
While attending New York University, Dr. Gavin was elected to Phi Beta Kappa in 2004 and earned his B.S. in 2005, graduating with Summa Cum Laude Honors. He received the Helen and Rita Lurie Scholarship to attend New York University School of Medicine and received his M.D. in 2010.
Dr. Gavlin competed a Medicine internship year at New York downtown Hospital (now NewYork-Presbyterian Lower Manhattan Hospital) where he was awarded Intern of the Year. This was followed by residency in diagnostic Radiology at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine/Montefiore Medical Center, where he received the Leo M. Davidoff Society of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine Yeshiva University Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Teaching of Medical Students. After completing a year of Fellowship training in MRI and Body Imaging in 2016, he joined the Weill Cornell Medical College Department of Radiology faculty. He has been board certified in Diagnostic Radiology from the American Board of Radiology since 2016.
Dr. Gavlin's clinical expertise is in abdominopelvic imaging. He interprets CT, MRI, radiography, ultrasound, and fluoroscopy studies of the abdomen and pelvis as well as PET/CT and PET/MRI imaging.
His imaging and research interests include CT and MRI imaging of the pancreas and liver (including cirrhosis and hepatocellular carcinoma), ultrasound imaging, and liver and kidney transplant imaging.
In addition to his clinical and research activities, Dr. Gavlin is actively involved in teaching residents, fellows, and medical students and overseas resident education related to abdominopelvic imaging.
Dr. Gavlin is a member of several prestigious radiological societies listed below:
- American College of Radiology (ACR)
- Radiological Society of North America (RSNA)
- American Board of Radiology (ABR)
- Society of Abdominal Radiology (SAR)
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell Medical Center
Body Imaging - US/CT/MRI
Colon Cancer Screening
CT Scan of the Abdomen
CT Scan of the Body
CT Scan of the Pelvis
Hepatobiliary Pancreas Imaging
Magnetic Resonance Imaging
MRA of the Kidneys
MRI of the Abdomen
MRI of the Pelvis
MRI Pelvis Female
Positron Emission Tomography