Alexandra Channing, MD Specialties: Pediatrics, Pediatric Cardiology
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Aetna [Weill Cornell Employee Plan]
- Aetna Weill Cornell Medicine [PPO Cornell University]
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Healthplus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Fidelis Care
- Local 1199
- Magnacare (National)
- March Vision
- MVP Health Care
- Oxford Health Plans
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE
About Alexandra Channing, MD
I care for children and adolescents who are born with or acquire heart disease, as well as pregnant mothers carrying fetuses who are suspected to have heart disease. My focus is diagnosing heart conditions by interpreting images of the heart, either by ultrasound or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), prenatally and through adolescence.
I was drawn to pediatric cardiology early in my training, when I had the opportunity to care for children with heart disease. I quickly grew passionate about caring for these children and learning to manage the complex varieties of heart conditions. I feel a strong responsibility for keeping kids safe and as healthy as they can be.
What I like most about my job is working closely with my patients and their families. It is especially rewarding, as a fetal cardiologist, to meet the parents of my patients before they are born, and to build a strong collaboration that continues after birth and through childhood.
In addition, I love to teach students and pediatricians-in-training so that they can gain the knowledge and experience they need to care for their patients. I also take part in research that focuses on assessing outcomes in children with different types of heart disease so that we can improve the quality and safety of care that our team provides. I am fortunate to be part of such an exceptional group at Columbia where our team of heart specialists, in partnership with our colleagues in other pediatric specialties, works tirelessly and compassionately to deliver the best care to our patients.
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital
Atrial Septal Defect
Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Chest Pain In Children and Adolescents
Coarctation of the Aorta
Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome
Patent Ductus Arteriosus
Pediatric Congenital Heart Disease
Pulmonary Arteriovenous Malformation
Supraventricular Tachycardia SVT
Tetralogy of Fallot
Transposition of the Great Arteries
- Pediatric Cardiology
- 2006, Student Summer Research Fellowship, The Arnold P. Gold Foundation. Honorary award for research in public health and cultural competency issues.
- 2009, The Nagendran Scholarship for International Medical Studies, UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School.
- 2011, Clinical and Translational Science Institute, University of California, San Francisco. 2011 Resident Research Funding Award.