Amanda J. Powers, MD Specialties: Surgery, Surgical Critical Care
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Healthplus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Fidelis Care
- Local 1199
- Magnacare (National)
- MVP Health Care
- Oxford Health Plans
- VNSNY CHOICE
About Amanda J. Powers, MD
Amanda J. Powers, MD is Assistant Professor of Surgery (in Anesthesiology) as of August 1, 2014. Dr. Powers has practiced at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center since 2006, where she completed her general surgery residency.
She served as an attending physician in the Department of Surgery, Acute Care Surgery Division during 2011, followed by a clinical fellowship in minimally invasive surgery in 2012. Since that time she has served as Assistant Professor of Clinical Surgery while completing her Clinical Fellowship in with the Department of Anesthesiology this year.
With training in laparoscopic surgery and critical care, Dr. Powers forged an innovative path allowing her to integrate the ICU into the acute care model.
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Internship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Medical School: Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Residency: Overlook Hospital
- Surgical Critical Care
- Alfred M. Markowitz Endowment for Scholars Award
- The Gold Humanism Honor Society