Ana G. Alzaga Fernandez, M.D. Specialties: Ophthalmology
Additional Locations for Ana G. Alzaga Fernandez, M.D.
- 170 William StNew York
- 170 William StNew York
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Aetna - NYP
- Aetna [Weill Cornell Employee Plan]
- Affinity [HMO]
- Affinity Health Plan
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield [Pathway Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Healthplus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield Healthplus
- Fidelis Care
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- March Vision
- Oxford Health Plans
- Oxford Health Plans [Metro/Core/Charter (HMO)]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- VNSNY CHOICE
About Ana G. Alzaga Fernandez, M.D.
Dr. Ana Alzaga Fernandez is an Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology at Weill Cornell Medicine. She is a board-certified ophthalmologist who provides comprehensive eye care and specializes in Cornea, Refractive and Cataract Surgery.
Dr. Alzaga Fernandez graduated from the medical school of the Universidad Autonoma de Tamaulipas in Tampico, Mexico. She received the "Dr. Rodolfo Maya Gonzalez" award given to the most outstanding student from her class. She then completed a research fellowship at the Retinal Vascular Center at St. Joseph's Hospital in Houston, TX. After completion of an internal medicine preliminary internship year at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, TX, she pursued her ophthalmology training at the Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, MI. She was selected to be chief resident with her main focus in research development amongst her peers. After residency, she completed a one year fellowship program in Cornea, Cataract and Refractive Surgery at Weill Cornell Medicine Ophthalmology.
Dr. Alzaga Fernandez has participated in several book chapters and publications, and has been involved in multiple research protocols. She is highly committed to medical student and resident education. Dr. Alzaga Fernandez focuses on providing excellence in patient care and her ability to speak fluent Spanish, Italian and French bridges language gaps to ensure the best patient experience. Her main clinical interests are corneal and anterior segment diseases in both adult and pediatric populations, ocular surface disorders, dry eye, corneal transplantation, cataract surgery and laser vision correction.
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Lower Manhattan Hospital
Laser Vision Correction Surgery
Refractive Eye Surgery
- Internship: University of Texas Health Science Center
- Medical School: Universidad Autonoma De Tamaulipas
- Residency: Henry Ford Hospital