Andrew Edward Moran, MD Specialties: Internal Medicine, Hospital Medicine
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Local 1199
- Magnacare (National)
- Oxford Health Plans
About Andrew Edward Moran, MD
Andrew Moran received his BA from Brown University and his MD and MPH from Columbia University. His completed a residency in internal medicine at Columbia University Irving Medical Center and a fellowship in general internal medicine at the University of California at San Francisco. His primary research focus is the epidemiology and prevention of cardiovascular disease and other chronic, non-communicable diseases in low and middle income nations. A National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) Career Development (K) award supports research that employs national scale computer models to forecast cardiovascular disease and simulate prevention policies in China and Argentina. Dr. Moran's leadership of the ischemic heart disease analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study is supported by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. An NHLBI R01 award supports his analysis of hypertension control guidelines in the United States.
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- Fellowship: University of California San Francisco Medical Center
- Internship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Medical School: Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Internal Medicine