Andrew Schweitzer, MD Specialties: Diagnostic Radiology, Neuroradiology, Neuro Radiology
Additional Locations for Andrew Schweitzer, MD
- 53 Beekman StreetGround LevelNew York
- 1283 York Avenue7th FloorNew York
- 1305 York Avenue3rd FloorNew York
- 520 East 70th StreetRoom F-039New York
- 416 East 55th StreetNew York
- 525 East 68th StreetNew York
- 2315 Broadway4th FloorNew York
- 520 East 70th StreetStarr Pavilion, Ground FloorNew York
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Aetna - NYP
- Aetna - Weill Cornell
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield Healthplus
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans
- United Healthcare
About Andrew Schweitzer, MD
Andrew D. Schweitzer, M.D. is a board-certified radiologist specializing in Neuroradiology. He is an Associate Professor of Clinical Radiology at Weill Cornell Medical College and Associate Attending Radiologist at the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Campus. He also serves as the Program Director of the Radiology Residency Training Program and the Vice Chair for Education for the Department of Radiology.
Dr. Schweitzer earned his B.S. in Biological & Environmental Engineering with a minor in Biomedical Engineering from Cornell University in 2004. After having been awarded a Distinction in Research at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine in 2006 and completing a Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI) fellowship at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in 2008, Dr. Schweitzer received his M.D. degree from the Mount Sinai School of Medicine in 2009. He was inducted to the Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) medical honor society in his 4th year of medical school.
Following an internship at Harbor – UCLA Medical Center, Dr. Schweitzer completed residency training in Diagnostic Radiology (2010-2014) at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital – Weill Cornell Medical Center, during which he was elected and served as Chief Resident. He was awarded the Alexander R. Margulis, M.D., D.Sc Award in 2013. He remained at WCMC – NYP for a year of specialized fellowship training in Neuroradiology. Dr. Schweitzer joined the Weill Cornell Medical College Department of Radiology faculty in July 2015 as Assistant Professor of Radiology and was promoted to Associate Professor of Clinical Radiology in May 2021
Dr. Schweitzer's clinical expertise is in Neuroradiology, in which he has a Certificate of Added Qualification (CAQ). He interprets a variety of studies including CT, and MRI of the brain, spine, and the head/neck. He also performs X-ray and CT-guided neuro-interventional procedures such as lumbar punctures, myelograms, cisternograms, synovial cyst ruptures, and epidural blood patches.
Dr. Schweitzer's research interests include applications of quantitative susceptibility mapping (QSM) of the brain, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome (PRES), traumatic brain injury (TBI), calibration in residency training, and simulation as an educational tool in diagnostic radiology. He acts as peer reviewer for multiple radiology journals and serves as Neuroradiology Section Editor for Clinical Imaging. In addition to clinical and research activities, Dr. Schweitzer is an active and involved teacher of medical students, residents, and fellows, having received the 2017-2018, 2018-2019, and 2020-2021 Robin C. Watson Weill Cornell Radiology Teacher of the Year Awards.
Dr. Schweitzer is a member of several radiological societies listed below:
- Radiological Society of North America (RSNA)
- Association of University Radiologists (AUR)
- American Society of Neuroradiology (ASNR)
- New York Roentgen Society (NYRS)
- American College of Radiology (ACR)
- New York State Radiological Society (NYSRS(
- Association of Program Directors in Radiology (APDR)
- Alliance of Directors and Vice Chairs of Education in Radiology (ADVICER)
- American Roentgen Ray Society (ARRS)