Ankur Bharat Shah, M.D.
Locations and Appointments
NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Brooklyn - Multispecialty
NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist - Degraw Pediatrics
About Ankur Bharat Shah, M.D.
Ankur B. Shah, MD, FACC, FAAP is a general pediatric cardiologist at New York-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital and an assistant professor of clinical pediatrics at Weill Cornell Medical College. Dr. Shah specializes in the evaluation and treatment of congenital heart disease, pediatric echocardiography, and fetal echocardiography. His other clinical interests include heart murmurs, chest pain, syncope, hypertension, and dyslipidemia.
Dr. Shah received a B.S. in Medical Engineering and an M.D. from Northwestern University, as part of the Honors Program in Medical Education. He then completed pediatrics residency and a fellowship in pediatric cardiology at the University of Texas Health Science Center in Houston. Dr. Shah is board certified by the American Board of Pediatrics in Pediatric Cardiology and Pediatrics. He is a fellow of the American College of Cardiology and the American Academy of Pediatrics.
Prior to joining New York-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist and Weill Cornell Medicine, Dr. Shah cared for patients at a private pediatric cardiology practice in Queens for five years. Dr. Shah recognizes the importance of fostering strong relationships with his patients and their families. He loves spending time with families to counsel them and to ensure their questions are thoroughly answered.
Chest Pain In Children and Adolescents
Congenital Heart Disease
Fellowship: University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston/McGovern Medical School
Fellowship: University of Texas Hospital
Medical School: Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
Residency: University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
Residency: University of Texas Hospital
Titles & Positions
Assistant Attending Pediatrician
Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics
NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell Medical Center
NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital
NewYork-Presbyterian Komansky Children's Hospital
- Residency: University of Texas Hospital
- Fellowship: University of Texas Hospital
- Medical School: Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
- Residency: University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
- Fellowship: University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston/McGovern Medical School
Awards & Honors
- 2003-2010 Honors Program in Medical Education, Northwestern University
- 2015 Pediatric Fellows Research Symposium Best Abstract Award, University of Texas Health Science Center Houston
- 2016 Pediatric Fellows Research Symposium Best Abstract and Presentation Award, University of Texas Health Science Center Houston
Titles & Positions
- Assistant Attending Pediatrician
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics