Anna Balas, MD Specialties: Psychiatry, Child and Adolescent Psychology
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Group Health Incorporated
About Anna Balas, MD
You will find me understanding and receptive, sensible and levelheaded as we explore the roots of your distress. We shy away neither from mundane nor from imaginative solutions! My work is informed both by my background in child and adolescent psychiatry with its emphasis on development and by psychoanalytic understanding of conflict. I use medication as needed, part of a global approach devised for your individual needs.I have taught for many years about development, about trauma and applied psychoanalysis to the arts. I teach young child psychiatry and psychoanalysis students. I am associate professor at Cornell Payne Whitney division and on the Faculty at the New York Psychoanalytic Institute.I have a special interest in trans-cultural factors and in creativity. I have had success with young adults trying to define their life trajectories. I have also worked with psychosomatic issues, the interface of the mind and the body. I also love to work with children of all ages.
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell Medical Center
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Child and Adolescent Psychopharmacology
Psychiatric Consultation and Evaluation
- Fellowship: Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Internship: Bellevue Hospital
- Medical School: Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry