Anna Salajegheh, M.D. Specialties: Psychiatry
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Aetna - NYP
About Anna Salajegheh, M.D.
Dr. Anna Salajegheh began her training in both literature and the basic neurosciences, earning a B.S. in Neuroscience and Biology and B.A. in English literature, specializing in poetry, at the University of Maryland. She subsequently worked as a full-time research assistant in linguistics and neuroscience at the Cognitive Neuroscience of Language Laboratory at the University of Maryland. She went on to receive her medical degree at the State University of New York Health Sciences Center at Brooklyn, where she graduated AOA as well as with Distinction in Neuroscience and was recognized with the Detre Award in Psychiatry.
Dr. Salajegheh completed her internship and residency training at New York Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center. There she pursued additional psychotherapy training in multiple modalities including interpersonal psychotherapy, transference focused psychotherapy, psychodynamic psychotherapy, and group psychotherapy. Dr. Salajegheh served as Chief Resident in her final year of residency and received the Consultation Psychiatry Department Award as well as an APA Resident Recognition Award. Following residency, Dr. Salajegheh completed fellowship training in Psychosomatic Medicine at NYU Medical Center where she gained experience treating psychiatric illness in medically ill patients in inpatient and outpatient settings at the VA, Bellevue, and NYU Langone Medical Centers.
Dr. Salajegheh believes in a holistic approach to treating psychiatric illness, involving collaboration with other health care providers and family when appropriate. She has a special interest in complementary treatments as well as more traditional psychotherapy and medication.
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell Medical Center
Psychiatric Aspects of Physical Illness
Psychotherapy and Psychopharmacology
Women's Mental Health
- Psychiatry chief resident at New York Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Cornell
- Columbia Psychoanalytic fellowship
- APA Resident Recognition Award
- CL Psychiatry Award
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Thomas Detre Psychiatry Award, University of Pittsburgh 2009
- Alumni Summer Research Fellowship, 2007
- Recipient of 4-year Banneker Key full academic scholarship.
- Recipient of 1-year study abroad scholarship at the University of Sheffield, England
- Recipient of the Robert C. Byrd academic scholarship