Anthony O. Ahmed, Ph.D. Specialties: Psychiatry
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Aetna - NYP
About Anthony O. Ahmed, Ph.D.
Dr. Anthony Ahmed is an Associate Professor of Psychology in Clinical Psychiatry at Weill Cornell Medical College. He is also the Vice Chair for Psychology in the Psychiatry department. Dr. Ahmed completed his doctoral training in clinical psychology at the University of Southern Mississippi, a psychology internship at the VA Maryland Health Care System/University of Maryland Baltimore. Dr. Ahmed completed a Psychotic Disorders Postdoctoral Fellowship at the Medical College of Georgia in Augusta University. Before moving to New York, Dr. Ahmed served as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Psychiatry at the Medical College of Georgia. Dr. Ahmed currently serves as associate attending psychologist for the Psychotic Disorders Division at NewYork Presbyterian Hospital. Dr. Ahmed's current research interests include: 1) cognitive deficits and their treatment in schizophrenia; 2) the phenomenology of negative symptoms and functional deficits; and 3) the neurobiology of schizophrenia and related psychiatric illness.
Dr. Ahmed's academic work has received support from the Brain and Behavior Research Foundation and the National Institute of Health (NCATS). In recognition of his career achievements, Dr. Ahmed has received several research and practice awards. Dr. Ahmed has published several academic articles on psychotic disorders, mood disorders, aggression, neurobiology, and recovery-oriented care.
- NewYork-Presbyterian Westchester Behavioral Health Center
Substance Use Disorder
- National Institute of Health (NIH) Clinical Research Loan Repayment (LRP) Award, 2017
- Judy E. Hall Early Career Psychologist Award winner, 2015
- 15th International Congress on Schizophrenia Research Young Investigator Award Recipient, 2015
- American College of Neuropsychopharmacology (ACNP) 52nd Annual Meeting Young Investigator Travel Award recipient, 2013
- Brain and Behavior Research Foundation and the 16th Annual Cognitive Remediation in Psychiatry Conference Science to Practice Award recipient, 2013
- American Society for Clinical Psychopharmacology (ASCP) 52nd Annual NCDEU New Investigator Award recipient, 2012
- 2012 American College of Psychiatrists Award: Creativity in Psychiatric Education (Awarded to the Project GREAT team for work on recovery education), 2012