Arpan Goel, MD Specialties: Surgery, Bariatric Surgery, General Surgery
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Affinity Health Plan
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Healthplus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Fidelis Care
- Local 1199
- Magnacare (National)
- MVP Health Care
- Oxford Health Plans
- VNSNY CHOICE
About Arpan Goel, MD
Dr. Goel completed his medical degree and internship in India, followed by residencies in West Virginia and Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore Medical Center. He completed his first fellowship at the Department of Plastic Surgery/Burn at Jacobi Medical Center, Bronx, and a second fellowship at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, in minimally invasive and bariatric surgery.
His appointments prior to arriving at Columbia include Attending Surgeon at WestMed Medical Group and at Harlem Hospital Center. Dr. Goel received the 2014 Attending Teaching Award at Harlem Hospital Center, and was named Outstanding Resident Teacher three years in a row at Montefiore Medical Center (2005 – 2007). Dr. Goel has a special interest in abdominal wall hernia repair and bowel wall reconstruction.
- Internship: West Virginia University Hospital
- Attending Teaching Award, Harlem Hospital 2014
- Outstanding Resident Teacher, Montefiore Medical Center. 2007
- Outstanding Resident Teacher, Montefiore Medical Cneter, 2006
- Outstanding Resident Teacher, Montefiore Medical Center, 2005
- Intern of the Year, 2002