Additional Locations for Aya Haggiagi, MD
- 51 West 51st StreetNew York
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Healthplus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Fidelis Care
- Local 1199
- Magnacare (National)
- MVP Health Care
- Oxford Health Plans
- VNSNY CHOICE
Book an Appointment Online
About Aya Haggiagi, MD
Aya Haggiagi, MD is an assistant professor of neurology at CUIMC, in the Division of Neuro-Oncology. Dr. Haggiagi is board certified in Neurology and Neuro-Oncology. She graduated with highest honors from the University of Al-Fateh School of Medicine in Tripoli, Libya. She subsequently completed a postdoctoral research fellowship in the Department of Pathology and Cell Biology at Columbia, under the mentorship of Dr. Michael Shelanski, where her research focused on biochemical and genetic changes in neurofibrillary tangle predominant dementia. Dr. Haggiagi then pursued her medicine internship training at Westchester Medical Center, followed by neurology residency at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical Center. After residency, she completed a two-year fellowship in Neuro-Oncology at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
Dr. Haggiagi was an attending physician and an investigator at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center prior to returning to NYP/CUIMC. She is the recipient of the Society for Neuro-Oncology 2017 Best Abstract Award. Her research interests include the development of clinical trials, precision medicine, and neurologic complications of immunotherapy.
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
Central Nervous System Tumors
Spinal Cord Tumor
- Fellowship: Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Internship: Westchester Medical Center
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center