Beth A. Schrope, MD, PhD Specialties: General Surgery, Cancer Care, Pancreas & Hepatobiliary Surgery
Additional Locations for Beth A. Schrope, MD, PhD
- 51 West 51st StreetSuite 380New York
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Healthplus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Fidelis Care
- Local 1199
- Magnacare (National)
- MVP Health Care
- Oxford Health Plans
- VNSNY CHOICE
About Beth A. Schrope, MD, PhD
Dr. Schrope joined the faculty of the Department of Surgery in July of 2001 as a Clinical instructor after completing her residency with NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital. She is currently a Professor of Clinical Surgery.
She graduated with an M.D. degree from Temple University in 1996. Prior to joining the profession of medicine, she completed a Ph. D. in Biomedical Engineering at Drexel University in 1992, and won numerous federal grants as principle investigator for research work in medical ultrasound. She is the author of numerous publications in the fields of bariatric surgery, medical ultrasound and GI surgery. She is the sole editor of a new textbook on Surgical and Interventional Ultrasound.
Her research interests include novel applications of autologous pancreatic islet cell transplantation, pancreatic cysts and pancreatitis. She also employs minimally invasive surgical techniques for benign and malignant conditions of the stomach. Dr. Schrope is an active member of the American College of Surgeons, the American HepatoPancreaticoBiliary Association, and Society of Surgery of the Alimentary Tract. She is currently serving as Regional Medical Director of the Southern New York chapter of the National Pancreas Foundation.
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
Minimally Invasive Surgery
Pancreatic islet cell transplantation
- Internship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Medical School: Temple University School of Medicine
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Surgeon, ACS Center of Excellence in Bariatric Surgery, Center for Metabolic and Weight Loss Surgery, Valley Hospital, Ridgewood, NJ.
- Surgeon, ACS Center of Excellence in Bariatric Surgery, Columbia University Center for Metabolic and Weight Loss Surgery, New York, NY.
- Selected for inclusion in the 2007 - 2013 editions of “Guide to Americas Top Surgeons,” published by the Consumers Research Council of America.
- Teaching Award, Department of Surgery, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, 2002 and 2009.