Christine Chen, MD Specialties: Radiology
Additional Locations for Christine Chen, MD
- 2315 Broadway4th FloorNew York
- 1305 York Avenue3rd FloorNew York
- 53 Beekman StreetGround LevelNew York
- 1283 York Avenue7th FloorNew York
- 416 East 55th StreetNew York
- 425 East 61st Street9th FloorNew York
- 525 East 68th StreetNew York
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Aetna - NYP
- Aetna - Weill Cornell
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield Healthplus
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans
- United Healthcare
About Christine Chen, MD
Christine Chen, M.D. is an Assistant Professor of Radiology at Weill Cornell Medical College and an Assistant Attending Radiologist at the New York-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Campus.
Dr. Chen earned her B.A. from the University of California-Berkeley where she graduated Magna Cum Laude in 2005. She then received her M.D. at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA in 2009.
Following an internship in Internal Medicine at the University of Hawaii, Dr. Chen completed residency training in Diagnostic Radiology (2010-2016) at Yale New-Haven Hospital, New Haven, CT. She completed her fellowship in Body and Breast Imaging at the New York-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Medical Center in New York City. Dr. Chen was invited to join the faculty and was appointed Assistant Attending of Radiology in January 2017.
Dr. Chen's clinical expertise is in Breast and Abdominal Imaging. She interprets a variety of studies, including mammography, ultrasound, MRI, CT and PET-CT. She also performs breast interventional procedures, including stereotactic, ultrasound and MRI-guided breast biopsies, and pre-operative seed localizations.
Dr. Chen has a special interest in global radiology outreach and in improving breast cancer management and outcomes in Africa. She travels regularly with ICSBCS (International Center for the Study of Breast Cancer Subtypes) as a radiology expert, providing lectures and hands-on ultrasound workshops for radiologists in low-resource hospitals.
In addition to clinical activities, Dr. Chen is an active and involved teacher of residents, fellows, and medical students.
Dr. Chen is a member of the following prestigious radiological societies:
- American College of Radiology
- American Roentgen Ray Society Radiological Society of North America
- Society of Abdominal Radiology
- Society of Breast Imaging
Radiology - Diagnostic