Christine H. Rohde, MD Specialties: Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Additional Locations for Christine H. Rohde, MD
- 55 Palmer AvenueBronxville
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Oxford Health Plans
- VNSNY CHOICE
About Christine H. Rohde, MD
Dr. Christine Rohde is the Chief of the Division of Plastic Surgery at Columbia. She graduated from Harvard Medical School in 2000. Following her medical school education, she began her general surgery training at the Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston. After three years of general surgery training, Dr. Rohde accepted a plastic and reconstructive surgery residency position at Montefiore Medical Center. Interested in microsurgery, Dr. Rohde completed a microsurgical fellowship at New York University Medical School's Institute of Reconstructive and Plastic Surgery in 2006. Her research focuses primarily on outcomes of plastic surgical interventions, particularly as they relate to cancer reconstruction and post-surgical care. In 2013, Dr. Rohde graduated from the Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health with a Masters in Public Health, focusing on comparative effectiveness research.
A highly skilled clinician, researcher and teacher, Dr. Rohde is trained in the diagnosis and treatment of the full range of plastic reconstructive and aesthetic surgery, specializing in microsurgery, abdominal wall reconstruction, body contouring, cosmetic surgery, and breast, trauma, and cancer reconstruction. She has numerous publications and presentations in the field of plastic surgery, and is a frequently-requested speaker. She has also been seen on the Carol Alt FoxNews Show, "A Healthy You" and WABC, discussing her research and breast cancer reconstruction.
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
Botulinum Toxin (Botox Injection)
Cosmetic Eye Surgery
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Post Bariatric Surgery
Specialist in Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- 2005 Leo M. Davidoff Award: For outstanding achievement in the teaching of medical students at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine.
- 2006 Best Clinical Research Presentation, Institute of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery, NYU Medical Center
- 2007 Invited Lecturer in the Patient Safety in Cosmetic Surgery Meeting, “Patient Safety in Circumferential Abdominoplasty Procedures”, New York
- 2008 Invited Lecturer in the Annual Meeting of Breast Cancer in Women of Color, “Breast Reconstruction: Fitting It All In”, New York
- AAAS Mass Media Fellowship: Highly competitive program that gives scientists the opportunity to work in journalism
- Albert Schweitzer Fellowship: Surgical experience at the Schweitzer Hospital in Gabon, Central Africa.
- Fellowship: Compared German and American health care systems as part of an international exchange sponsored by HMS and Ludwig-Maximillian University in Munich, Germany.
- Joseph Collins Scholarship: Awarded for academic achievement, good moral character, and interest in cultural pursuits outside of medicine.
- United States-Europe Medical Educational Exchange (US-EUMEE), Health Care Policy