Christopher Neal Parkhurst, M.D., Ph.D. Specialties: Critical Care Medicine, Pulmonary Critical Care Medicine
Additional Locations for Christopher Neal Parkhurst, M.D., Ph.D.
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Aetna - NYP
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield Healthplus
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans
- United Healthcare
About Christopher Neal Parkhurst, M.D., Ph.D.
Dr. Parkhurst earned his undergraduate degree in neurobiology and behavior from Cornell University before joining the medical scientist training program at the New York University School of Medicine, jointly earning his MD and PhD degrees. During this time his research focused on understanding the interaction between the immune and central nervous systems, including the impact of inflammation on brain function. After his graduate training Dr. Parkhurst completed his residency in internal medicine and fellowship in pulmonary and critical care medicine at the New York-Presbyterian Hospital where he served as chief fellow. He is currently an attending physician and postdoctoral research fellow at Weill Cornell Medicine and New York-Presbyterian Hospital. His current research efforts focus on understanding the mechanisms by which critical illness generates persistent physical and cognitive dysfunction.
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Lower Manhattan Hospital
- Degrees: Cornell University
- Degrees: New York University
- Degrees: New York University School of Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Pulmonary Disease Medicine