Cigdem Inan Akman, MD Specialties: Neurology with Special Qualification in Child Neurology, Pediatric Neurology, Clinical Neurophysiology
Additional Locations for Cigdem Inan Akman, MD
- 180 Fort Washington AvenueNew York
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Healthplus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Fidelis Care
- Local 1199
- Magnacare (National)
- MVP Health Care
- Oxford Health Plans
- VNSNY CHOICE
Book an Appointment Online
About Cigdem Inan Akman, MD
Dr. Akman is a Professor of Neurology at CUIMC and chief of the Division of Child Neurology in the Departments of Neurology and Pediatrics of the Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons at Columbia University.
Dr. Akman was born and educated in Ankara, Turkey where she graduated with Honors from the School of Medicine, Ankara University. Dr. Akman completed her training in Child Neurology at State University of New York, followed by a fellowship in Clinical Neurophysiology and Epilepsy at Boston Children's Hospital, Harvard Medical School. Subsequently, Dr Akman joined the Division of Child Neurology and the Pediatric Epilepsy Program at Columbia University Irving Medical Center, where she participated in clinical education and patient care until 2008. Between 2008 and 2010, Dr. Akman worked as the Director of Clinical Epilepsy Research at Texas Children's Hospital, Baylor College of Medicine. Dr Akman returned to Columbia in 2010 and now heads both the Division of Child Neurology and the Pediatric Epilepsy Program at NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital at Columbia University Irving Medical Center.
Her clinical practice focuses on infantile and childhood epilepsy, epilepsy surgery, and the treatment of refractory epilepsy in children.
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
Childhood onset epilepsy
Drug resistant epilepsy
- Fellowship: Children's Hospital of Boston
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Medical School: Ankara University Medical School
- Residency: State University of New York - Downstate Medical Center
- Child Neurology
- Neurology with Special Qualification in Child Neurology