Cristiano Oliveira, M.D. Specialties: Ophthalmology, Neuro-Ophthalmology
Additional Locations for Cristiano Oliveira, M.D.
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Aetna - NYP
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield Healthplus
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans
- United Healthcare
About Cristiano Oliveira, M.D.
Dr. Oliveira is an Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology at Weill Cornell Medicine and a member of the Weill Cornell Ophthalmology Department who specializes in Neuro-Ophthalmology
Dr. Oliveira attended medical school at the Minas Gerais Federal University (Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais) in his native Brazil. He completed his Ophthalmology residency and Glaucoma fellowship at São Geraldo Hospital, Minas Gerais Federal University.
His international career continued in New York where he completed a 2-year Glaucoma research fellowship at the New York Eye and Ear Infirmary under the mentorship of Dr. Robert Ritch. The fellowship was followed by Neurology residency at North Shore and Long Island Jewish Hospitals. Among his many achievements he had the privilege to be elected as one of the chief residents.
Dr. Oliveira spent his final year of training at the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Harvard Medical School, where he completed a Neuro-Ophthalmology fellowship under the mentorship of Drs. Joseph Rizzo and Simmons Lessell.
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital
Giant Cell Arteritis
Optic Nerve Disease
Unexplained Vision Loss
Visual Field Loss
- Fellowship: Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais (Brazil)
- Internship: Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais (Brazil)
- Medical School: Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais (Brazil)
- Residency: Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais (Brazil)