David Kopman, MD Specialties: Anesthesiology
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Aetna - NYP
- Aetna - Weill Cornell
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield Healthplus
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans
- United Healthcare
About David Kopman, MD
David J. Kopman, M.D. is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Anesthesiology at Weill Cornell Medical College and Assistant Attending Anesthesiologist at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital. Dr. Kopman holds a Bachelor of Science in chemistry from Columbia University and earned his M.D. at the Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons. Dr. Kopman did his internship at St. Vincent's Catholic Medical Center in New York City and did his Residency in Anesthesiology here at Weill Cornell.
Dr. Kopman has been on the faculty here at Weill Cornell since 2007. He is very involved in our educational programs, serving as Director of Education for the Neuroanesthesia Rotation, among other duties. Clinically, he is a member of both the Neurosurgical and Obstetrical Anesthesia Teams. He is also Director of the CRNAs (Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists).
Dr. Kopman was born in The Bronx. Prior to entering medicine, he trained as a chef at the Culinary Institute of America. He held numerous positions as a sous-chef before enrolling at Columbia to study chemistry. Dr. Kopman and his family reside in New York City.
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Internship: St. Vincent's Hospital and Medical Center
- Medical School: Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center