David M. Kalfa, MD, PhD Specialties: Thoracic and Cardiac Surgery, Cardiac Surgery, Pediatric/Congenital Cardiac Surgery
Additional Locations for David M. Kalfa, MD, PhD
- 177 Ft. Washington AvenueNew York
- 177 Ft. Washington AvenueNew York
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Healthplus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Fidelis Care
- Local 1199
- Magnacare (National)
- MVP Health Care
- Oxford Health Plans
- VNSNY CHOICE
About David M. Kalfa, MD, PhD
Dr. David Kalfa is a Board-certified cardiothoracic surgeon with a subspecialization in pediatric cardiac surgery. A Native of France, Dr. Kalfa graduated from Marseilles University Graduate School of Medicine with the highest level of distinction in 2004. During his certification, he developed a research program in Tissue Engineering applied to the field of Congenital Heart Diseases that led to the attainment of numerous grants including a European Research FP7 Grant. He completed a research fellowship in Fondation Alain carpentier/INSERM in Paris and received his PhD degree in 2011 with the highest level of distinction. He then performed a 2-year clinical fellowship in Congenital Cardiovascular Surgery in one of the highest-volume centers (Marie Lannelongue Hospital in Paris) with exposure to highly complicated cases from all age groups (from neonates to adults). He completed a clinical fellowship in Adult Cardiac Surgery at Laval University Hospital in Quebec, Canada (2012-2013). He was then Assistant Attending in Congenital Cardiac Surgery at Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital/NYP (2013-2015) and is currently Associate Professor of Surgery (tenure track) in the Section of Pediatric and Congenital Cardiac Surgery, Columbia University, and Adjunct Assistant Professor of Surgery in the Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Weill Cornell Medical College.
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Komansky Children's Hospital
- NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital
Heart Transplant, Pediatric
Pediatric Heart Transplant
- Fellowship: Marie Lannelongue Hospital
- Internship: University of Montpellier
- Medical School: Universite De La Mediterranee (Aix-Marseille)
- Medical School: Universite De Montpellier I
- Residency: Universite De La Mediterranee (Aix-Marseille)
- 2001 Certificate in Immunology and Immunopathology, 1st prize Montpellier University, France
- 2013 Nomination to the 25th anniversary of the French Biomedical Research Fundation "Fondation de l'Avenir"
- 2011 Second best communication award at the World Society for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Surgery, Istanbul, Turkey.
- March 2016 Young Investigator Award of the Association for European Paediatric Cardiology (AEPC), Rotterdam, Netherlands. (Neuroswitch project)
- 2009 Nomination to the Walter Brendel Award Session, 44th Congress of the European Society for Surgical Research, NiÌ‚mes, France
- 2006 National Diploma of Intensive Care of Heart Congenital Defects, 1st prize Paris Descartes University, France
- 2009 Nomination to Techno-College Innovation Award, 23th Annual Congress of the European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery EACTS, Vienna, Austria.
- 2013 Nomination to the best Poster, Congenital Session, Society of Thoracic Surgeons, STS 2013 Meeting, Los Angeles, USA
- May 2016 Award of the best communication, Pediatric Cardiology Society of Greater New York, New York, USA (Neuroswitch project)
- 2000 - 2004 Laureate of the Montpellier Medical School, 1st Prize each year, Montpellier University, France
- 2010 Nomination to the Young Investigator Award, 24th Annual Meeting of the European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery, Geneva, Switzerland.
- 2011 Sciences PhD Thesis: mention of highest level of distinction Paris Descartes University, France
- 2015 Nomination to the best Poster, Congenital Session, Society of Thoracic Surgeons, STS 2015 Meeting, San Diego, USA
- 2007 National Diploma of Cardiopulmonary Bypass, 1st prize Paris Diderot University, France
- 2010 Medical Thesis: mention of highest level of distinction Marseille University, France
- 2005 National Inter-academic Diploma of pediatric heart surgery, 1st prize Paris Descartes University, France
- 2010 Laureate of the Experimental Research Award of the French Pediatric Research Society, 2nd Congress of the French Pediatric societies, Paris, France.
- 2000 Certificate in human and comparated genetics, 1st prize Montpellier University, France
- 2014 Nomination to the best Poster, Congenital Session, American Association for Thoracic Surgery AATS annual meeting, Toronto, Canada.
- 2006 Nomination to the Young Investigator Award, 5th Joint Meeting of the European Association for Cardio-thoracic Surgery and European Society of Thoracic Surgeons EACTS-ESTS, Stockholm, Sweden.
- 2014 Nomination to the Forum of Surgical Research - 2014, Paris, France
- 2014 Nomination to the 23rd Annual Surgery Research Competition at Columbia University, New York, USA
- 2002 Certificate in development and reproduction biology, 1st prize Montpellier University, France
- 1999 Laureate of the Montpellier Medical School, 1st prize, 1st year of Medical Studies: TURCHINI Prize
- 2015 Nomination to the best Poster, Annual Cardiac Neurodevelopmental Symposium, Milwaukee, USA