Deepthiman K. Gowda, MD Specialties: Internal Medicine
About Deepthiman K. Gowda, MD
Deepthiman Gowda is a general internist and works in the Section of Hospital Medicine. He is the Course Director of Foundations of Clinical Medicine Tutorials, Chair of the Fundamentals Curriculum Committee (first 18 months of the medical school curriculum), and Director of the Scholarly Project Track in Medical Education at the Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons. He is the Director of Clinical Practice in the Program in Narrative Medicine. At the medical school, Dr. Gowda serves on the Admissions Committee and has served as Chair of the Task Force for a Bias-Free Curriculum and the first campus-wide Task-Force for Interprofessional Education. Dr. Gowda is a Macy Foundation Faculty Scholar (2015-2017).
Dr. Gowda has received the Bohmfalk Award for preclinical education, the Ewig Award for clinical teaching, and the Ambulatory Medicine Teacher of the Year Award. He is a member of the Virginia Apgar Teaching Academy and chairs the Apgar Medical Education Scholarship Group (AMES). He serves as a member of the New York City Board of Health and as the National Co-Chair for the USMLE Step 2 Clinical Skills Test Development Committee. His scholarship has focused on narrative medicine, clinical skills training, and interprofessional education and practice.
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- Medical School: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Medicine
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Internal Medicine
- Bohmfalk Award for preclinical education
- Ewig Award for clinical teaching
- Ambulatory Medicine Teacher of the Year Award
- Virginia Apgar Teaching Academy