Dina Podolsky, MD Specialties: Surgery
Additional Locations for Dina Podolsky, MD
- 161 Fort Washington AvenueNew York
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Healthplus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Fidelis Care
- Local 1199
- Magnacare (National)
- MVP Health Care
- Oxford Health Plans
- VNSNY CHOICE
About Dina Podolsky, MD
Dina Podolsky, MD, is an Assistant Professor of Surgery at Columbia University Irving Medical Center. She is a board-certified general surgery who graduated with honors from Rutgers University, where she also received her medical degree, and completed a residency in general surgery at Montefiore Medical Center. Dr. Podolsky then completed fellowship training in complex abdominal wall reconstruction and robotic surgery at Columbia University Irving Medical Center, where she worked closely with one of the world's leading hernia surgeons, Dr. Novitsky. She is a member of several national organizations, including the Americas Hernia Society and the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons. Dr. Podolsky has received numerous awards for her training and teaching, including the Leo M. Davidoff Award for Outstanding Teaching and the Golden Apple Teaching Award.
Dr. Podolsky specializes in all aspects of hernia surgery, including inguinal, ventral, and complex abdominal wall reconstruction, employing minimally invasive techniques with laparoscopic and robotic surgery. She has presented research at major professional associations and continues to be active in research, publishing both academic research and textbook chapters. Dr. Podolsky currently sees patients in midtown Manhattan, Washington Heights, and in Westchester at NYP/Lawrence Hospital.
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- Residency: Montefione Medical Center
- Golden Apple Teaching Award, Montefiore Medical Center, 2018
- Leo M. Davidoff Society for excellence in medical student education, Montefiore Medical Center, 2017
- Junior Resident Teaching Award, Montefiore Medical Center, 2016
- Honors in Distinction in Service to the Community, UMDNJ-RWJ, 2013