Edward A. Athanasian, MD
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
About Edward A. Athanasian, MD
Dr. Edward A. Athanasian is Chief of the Hand and Upper Extremity Service and works primarily with orthopedic trauma and orthopedic conditions of the hand. At Hospital for Special Surgery, he specializes in the treatment of hand, wrist, and forearm fractures, traumatic injury, arthritis, and benign tumors. At Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, he specializes in the treatment of upper extremity bone and soft tissue tumors, and in limb salvage and reconstruction. While attaining his medical education, Dr. Athanasian attended some of the finest institutions of higher learning, including Harvard and Columbia Universities. Additionally, he received training at some of the nation's best hospitals, including Boston's Beth Israel Hospital, Mayo Clinic, Memorial Sloan Kettering, and Hospital for Special Surgery. Dr. Athanasian was born and raised in eastern Long Island and is currently an attending orthopedic surgeon.
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell Medical Center
Orthopedic Hand Surgery
- Fellowship: Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Internship: Beth Israel Hospital
- Medical School: Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Residency: Hospital for Special Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery