Elaine Wan, MD Specialties: Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology, Cardiovascular Disease
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Healthplus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Fidelis Care
- Local 1199
- Magnacare (National)
- MVP Health Care
- Oxford Health Plans
- Quality Health Management
- VNSNY CHOICE
About Elaine Wan, MD
Dr. Elaine Wan is the Esther Aboodi Assistant Professor of Medicine in Cardiology and Cardiac Electrophysiology at Columbia University Medical Center, College of Physicians and Surgeons and attending physician at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital. She is trained in Internal Medicine, Clinical Cardiology and is an invasive cardiac electrophysiologist. She performs implantation of cardiac devices including pacemaker and defibrillators, as well as ablation of arrhythmias.
Dr. Wan is a physician-scientist and focuses on development of novel treatments for heart failure, vascular dysfunction and arrhythmias such as atrial fibrillation. She is a translational researcher also interested in development of innovative imaging modalities to improve ablation delivery. Dr. Wan is a graduate of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. She received her medical degree from Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons and completed her fellowship in Cardiovascular Diseases and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia.
Dr. Wan is the recipient of numerous national and international awards including the 2016 American College of Cardiology Young Investigator Award First Place in Molecular Cellular Cardiology, 2016 Young Physician Investigator Award from the American Society of Clinical Investigators, 2016 Cardiostim/Europace Best Young EP Presentation (Nice, France) and the 2008 American Heart Association Women in Cardiology for Clinical Excellence.
She is the recipient of several competitive research grants including NIH NHLBI K08 Mentored Career Development Award, American Heart Association Scientist Development Grant, Columbia University Louis V. Gerstner Jr. Scholars Program, and Columbia University Provost's Grants Program for Junior Faculty who Contribute to the Diversity Goals of the University.
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
Diagnostic Electrophysiology Study
Heart Disease and Women
Implant Cardiac Defibrillator
- Medical School: Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Internal Medicine
- 05/2008 Present - American Medical Association Seed Grant Recipient
- 05/2008 Present - Fellow of the American Heart Association
- 06/2008 Present - American Heart Association Women in Cardiology Trainee Award for Clinical Excellence
- 06/2008 Present - Fellow of the American College of Cardiology
- 06/2010 Present - American Society of Echocardiography
- 06/2010 - 06/2011 - President, American Heart Association Fellows Society of New York
- 06/2011 Present - Heart Rhythm Society
- 06/2011 Present - Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography
- 2016 American College of Cardiology Young Investigator Award First Place in Molecular Cellular Cardiology
- 2016 Cardiostim Best Young EP Presentation Award (Europace, Nice, France)
- 2016 Young Physician Investigator Award from the American Society of Clinical Investigators
- 2017 - Present - Fellow of the Heart Rhythm Society