Engracio P. Cortes, M.D. Specialties: Medical Oncology
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Healthplus
- Magna Preferred Magna Care
- Managed Health Care Alliance - Qualcomm
- NYP System Selecthealth
- Physicians Health Services
- United Healthcare Columbia
About Engracio P. Cortes, M.D.
Dr. Engracio Cortes is an Internal Medicine physician specializing in Medical Oncology practicing in Flushing, New York. He received his medical degree from Far Eastern University Nicanor Reyes Medical Foundation, completed his internship in 1966, residency in Internal Medicine and fellowship in Medical Oncology. Dr. Cortes was the Chair of the Institutional Review Board at NewYork-Presbyterian Queens hospital and is the Director of Oncology Research. He was involved in clinical studies in lung cancer, breast cancer, head and neck, gynecological and gastrointestinal malignancies, with past support from National Cancer Institute, Cancer and Leukemia B and pharmaceutical companies.
Dr. Cortes’ experience as a clinical investigator, teacher and master clinician led to his appointment as Clinical Associate Professor at Weill Cornell Medical College. He has presented his studies at annual meetings of the American Society of Clinical Oncology, the American Association for Cancer Research and the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons. He also has published 26 articles, 11 book chapters and 53 abstracts. Dr. Cortes is affiliated with NewYork-Presbyterian Queens hospital and has been affiliated with the hospital since 1982.
- NewYork-Presbyterian Queens Hospital
- Internship: Cambridge City Hospital
- Medical School: Far Eastern University, Phillipines
- Residency: Lemuel Shattuck Hospital, MA
- Residency: Roswell Park Memorial Institute