Eric Kuo, MD Specialties: Endocrine Surgery
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Healthplus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Fidelis Care
- Local 1199
- Magnacare (National)
- MVP Health Care
- Oxford Health Plans
- VNSNY CHOICE
About Eric Kuo, MD
Eric J. Kuo, MD is a board certified endocrine surgeon and Assistant Professor of Surgery who is skilled in the surgical treatment of thyroid, parathyroid, and adrenal disease.
Dr. Kuo has had the unique opportunity to train with a variety of national and international leaders in the field of endocrine surgery. After obtaining his medical degree from the Yale University School of Medicine, Dr. Kuo completed his general surgery residency at the University of California, Los Angeles before completing his fellowship training in Endocrine Surgery at Columbia University, where he was recruited to stay on as faculty.
Dr. Kuo's clinical interests are in the surgical treatment of thyroid, parathyroid, and adrenal disease, including minimally invasive thyroid and parathyroid surgery, retroperitoneoscopic adrenalectomy and robotic adrenalectomy. His philosophy towards patient care includes compassion, shared decision making, and technically excellent surgery.
Dr. Kuo's research interests include clinical outcomes and health services research, clinical informatics, and surgical education. His work has been published in high impact journals including Thyroid, JAMA Surgery, and Annals of Surgery and he has presented his work at national meetings including the American Thyroid Association and American Association of Endocrine Surgeons annual meetings.
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center
- Medical School: Yale University School Of Medicine
- Residency: University Of California At Los Angeles
- E. Chester Ridgway Trainee Grant, American Thyroid Association, Victoria, British Columbia, 2017
- Outstanding Student Teaching Award, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, 2017
- The Association for Academic SurgeryNovartis Research Award, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, 2014
- Phi Beta Kappa, Junior, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, 2008
- Deans List, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, 2005-2009