Ernie L. Esquivel, M.D.
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- EmblemHealth HIP
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Healthplus
- Fidelis Care
- Group Health Incorporated
- Oxford Health Plans
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UnitedHealthcare COMMUNITY PLAN
- VNSNY CHOICE
About Ernie L. Esquivel, M.D.
Ernie Esquivel is a hospitalist who cares for hospitalized patients only and does not have out-patient practices.Ernie Esquivel is board certified in internal medicine and nephrology. Prior to his career as a hospitalist, he conducted research on the genetic basis of renal diseases, including polycystic kidney disease and nephrotic syndrome. Dr. Esquivel is heavily engaged in the education of medical students and directs the third-year Internal Medicine core clerkship. He is interested in ways to optimize learning and has developed innovative methods of teaching communication skills, interprofessionalism and reflection to students. The formation of professional identity in young trainees is also an area of great interest to him. For his commitment to education and mentorship of students, he has been recognized with several teaching awards.
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Internship: Rochester General Hospital
- Medical School: University of Virginia School of Medicine
- Residency: Rochester General Hospital
- Internal Medicine