Frank D'ovidio, MD Specialties: Thoracic and Cardiac Surgery
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Healthplus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Fidelis Care
- Local 1199
- Magnacare (National)
- MVP Health Care
- Oxford Health Plans
- VNSNY CHOICE
About Frank D'ovidio, MD
Dr. Frank D'Ovidio, MD, PhD, is Associate Professor of Surgery at Columbia University Medical Center and surgical director of the Lung Transplant and Ex-Vivo Lung Perfusion Programs. Dr. D'Ovidio has lectured and published extensively on the subject of lung transplantation and ex-vivo perfusion.
Dr. D'Ovidio is renown for his surgical work in patients with lung cancer and other thoracic disorders including, esophageal disorders, robotic thoracic surgery and thoracic outlet syndrome.
He received his MD from the University of Bologna, Italy, completed his surgical residency at St. Orsola University Hospital, Italy and completed his Fellowship at the University of Toronto Hospitals, Canada.
Dr. D'Ovidio has been an invited speaker and principal and co- investigator of numerous clinical trials, author of numerous publications in reknown journals such as the Journal of The American College of Cardiology, Annals of Thoracic Surgery, and the Journal of Heart and Lung Transplant, among many others.
Dr. D'Ovidio is a member of numerous prestigious societies and councils including the American Association for Thoracic Surgery, the International Society of Heart & Lung Transplantation, Scientific Committee for Thoracic Surgery, the European Society of Thoracic Surgeons and an Honorary Member, of Societas Medica Chirurgica Bononiensis, among others.
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital
Esophageal Cancer Surgery
Ex-vivo lung Perfusion
Lung Cancer Surgery
Lung Volume Reduction Surgery (LVRS)
Organ Transplant, Pediatric
Robotic Esophageal Surgery
Robotic Lung Surgery
Robotic Mediastinal Surgery
Robotic Thoracic Surgery
Thoracic Lung Cases
Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
Thoracoscopic Surgical Procedure
Thorascopic Lung Surgery
- 2005 Philip K Caves Award, International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation, in recognition of outstanding contributions in the field of heart and lung transplantation, May 8, 2005, Philadelphia
- Best experimental research, Italian Society of Organ Transplantation (SITO), XXV National Congress Bologna 19-21 September 1999