Hiroo Takayama, MD, PhD Specialties: Thoracic and Cardiac Surgery, Cardiac Surgery
Additional Locations for Hiroo Takayama, MD, PhD
- 25 Rockwood PlaceEnglewood
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Healthplus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Fidelis Care
- Local 1199
- Magnacare (National)
- MVP Health Care
- Oxford Health Plans
- VNSNY CHOICE
About Hiroo Takayama, MD, PhD
Dr. Hiroo Takayama is Chief of Adult Cardiac Surgery at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical Center. He has more than 20 years of experience in treating patients with heart and vascular problems. As the Director of the Aortic Surgery Program and co-Director of the Aortic Center, the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Center, and the Marfan Clinic at NYP/Columbia, Dr. Takayama has contributed to the care of over 4,000 patients by performing a variety of aortic and cardiac surgical procedures, approximately 300-350 operations every year.
Dr. Takayama is internationally recognized for his work on complex aortic surgery (minimally invasive aortic surgery, valve-sparing aortic root replacement, aortic valve repair, aortic arch and thoracoabdominal aneurysm repair), hybrid aortic surgery (thoracic endovascular aneurysm repair), myectomy for obstructive hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, and heart failure surgery.
He is a leader in outcome research in aortic diseases and heart failure. He has published more than 300-350 manuscripts in prestigious, peer-reviewed journals and has authored numerous book chapters about heart disease.
Dr. Takayama attended University of Tokyo for Medical School, did his internship at University of Tokyo, general surgery residency in University of Washington Medical Center, and cardio-thoracic surgery fellowship in New-York Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center.
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
Aortic Aneurysm Repair
Aortic Aneurysm Surgery
Aortic Arch Surgery
Endovascular Aneurysm Repair
Endovascular Aortic Repair
Heart Valve Repair
Minimally Invasive Surgery
Ventricular Assist Device Procedure
- Fellowship: University of Washington Medical Center
- Internship: University of Tokyo Hospital
- Medical School: University of Tokyo (Japan)
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Residency: University of Tokyo Hospital
- Residency: University of Washington Medical Center
- Cardiac Surgery
- Thoracic and Cardiac Surgery
- 2016 New York Magazine's Top Doctors
- 2012 Winner of Thoracic Surgery Residents Association Dwight C. McGoon Award