Hyesoo Lowe-Shin, MD Specialties: Internal Medicine, Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
Additional Locations for Hyesoo Lowe-Shin, MD
- 161 Fort Washington AvenueFloor 8New York
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Healthplus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Fidelis Care
- Local 1199
- Magnacare (National)
- MVP Health Care
- Oxford Health Plans
- VNSNY CHOICE
About Hyesoo Lowe-Shin, MD
Hyesoo Lowe, MD is a board-certified Endocrinologist at Columbia University, and the Medical Director of the Thyroid Biopsy Program at the Columbia Thyroid Center. Dr. Lowe has a special interest in thyroid disorders including thyroid nodules, thyroid cancer, autoimmune thyroid disease, and thyroid illnesses in pregnancy. She has advanced training in thyroid ultrasound and fine needle aspiration biopsy, and also directs the Active Surveillance Program for thyroid cancer at Columbia.
Dr. Lowe is committed to providing compassionate and individualized care according to her patients' unique needs. She has been recognized as a Castle Connolly Top Doctor for the New York metro area, listed in Castle Connolly's Exceptional Women in Medicine, featured among New York magazine's Top Doctors, and given the honor of vitals.com's Compassionate Doctor award and Patient's Choice award. Dr. Lowe is active in medical education at the Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons, as well as the Endocrine Fellowship program at Columbia Medical Center.
Dr. Lowe is proficient in Spanish and Korean.
- Internship: Yale New Haven Hospital
- Residency: Yale New Haven Hospital
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
- Castle Connolly Exceptional Women in Medicine
- Castle Connolly Top Doctors, New York Metro Area, New York Magazine
- Department of Veterans Affairs Special Contribution Award for unique contribution to the mission of the Department; Participated in pilot program to transition out-patient clinic to open-access model
- New York Super Doctors, New York Times Magazine
- Top Docs, New Jersey Monthly
- Top Doctors, Bergen Magazine
- Top Doctors, Inside Jersey
- Vitals.com Compassionate Doctor Award
- Vitals.com Patients Choice Award
- Vitals.com Top 10 Doctor
- Yale School of Medicine Power Day Award: Chosen for modeling the responsible, positive, and beneficial use of power in health care relationships