James Hinkley Garvin, MD Specialties: Pediatrics, Cancer Care, Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Healthplus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Fidelis Care
- Local 1199
- Magnacare (National)
- MVP Health Care
- Oxford Health Plans
- Quality Health Management
- VNSNY CHOICE
About James Hinkley Garvin, MD
James H. Garvin, MD, PhD, is a board-certified pediatric hematologist-oncologist who specializes in the care of children and adolescents with brain tumors. He is Principal Investigator at CUMC for the Head Start Program of radiation-sparing intensive chemotherapy for infants and young children with brain tumors. He was principal investigator for a Children's Oncolgy Group protocol for childhood ependymoma. He also offers novel therapies for recurrent brain tumors through our program's membership in Developmental Therapeutics Program of the COG.
In addition, Dr. Garvin started the pediatric bone marrow transplant program, and continues as a member of the BMT group. He has particular interest in autologous transplant for brain tumors and allogeneic transplant for metabolic disorders and bone marrow failure syndromes, as well as supportive care for BMT patients.
Dr. Garvin became interested in pediatric hematology/oncology through research during medical school in the laboratory of a pediatric hematologist. He is a member of numerous professional societies in the field.
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital
Anemia, Iron Deficiency
Bone Marrow Transplant
Pediatric Brain Tumors
- Fellowship: Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, MA
- Medical School: Thomas Jefferson University Medical College
- Residency: Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Pediatric Hematology-Oncology