Jeffrey L. Zitsman, MD Specialties: Pediatric Surgery, General Surgery
Additional Locations for Jeffrey L. Zitsman, MD
- 3959 BroadwayNew York
- 685 White Plains RoadFloor 2Eastchester
- 155 White Plains RoadSuite W100Tarrytown
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Healthplus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Fidelis Care
- Local 1199
- Magnacare (National)
- MVP Health Care
- Oxford Health Plans
- Quality Health Management
- VNSNY CHOICE
About Jeffrey L. Zitsman, MD
Dr. Zitsman graduated from Johns Hopkins University with a degree in natural sciences, and received his M.D. degree from Tufts University Medical School in 1976. He received his training in General Surgery at Tufts-New England Medical Center in Boston, and completed his Pediatric Surgery training at the Babies & Children's Hospital of New York. He is Board-Certified in General Surgery and Pediatric Surgery, and also holds a Certificate of Special Competence in Surgical Critical Care.
Dr. Zitsman has maintained an active clinical practice in pediatric surgery in the New York area since 1985. He holds the rank of Professor of Surgery at the Columbia University Medical Center. His areas of interest include applications of minimally invasive techniques in pediatric surgery, chest wall deformities, and weight loss surgery in adolescents. Dr. Zitsman has been named to Castle Connolly's Best Doctors in the New York area list annually since 2002.
Dr. Zitsman is founder and Director of the Center for Adolescent Bariatric Surgery at the Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital of New York-Presbyterian. He is Principal Investigator for an FDA-approved adolescent laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding study. He has performed over 200 minimal access weight loss procedures and serves as Vice-Chairman of the Committee on Obesity of the American Pediatric Surgical Association. He is a member of the Program Committee and the Childhood Obesity Committee of the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery and has served as a Consultant to the Medical Devices Evaluation Panel of the FDA.
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Lawrence Hospital
- NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital
Bariatric Surgery - Adolescents
Minimally Invasive Pediatric Surgery
- Fellowship: American College of Surgeons
- Internship: New England Medical Center-TUFTS University
- Medical School: Tufts School of Medicine
- Residency: Babies & Children's Hospital - Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center
- Pediatric Surgery
- Surgery, General