Joseph Thomas Ruggiero, MD Specialties: Medical Oncology, Hematology/Oncology
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Oxford Health Plans
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
About Joseph Thomas Ruggiero, MD
Dr Ruggiero received his undergraduate degree from Harvard University and his MD from New York University. Residency and fellowship training occurred at The New York Hospital-Cornell University Medical College and was followed by his year as Chief Medical Resident at The New York Hospital. He is currently Professor of Clinical Medicine and medical oncologist in the Weill Cornell Medicine and NewYork-Presbyterian Gastrointestinal (GI) Oncology Program and the Jay Monahan Center for Gastrointestinal Health.He has been actively involved on the national level with the issues of board certification and recertification in both Internal Medicine and Oncology, serving on committees at the American Board of Internal Medicine from 1998 to 2005. He is currently a member of the Professional Development Committee of the American Society of Clinical Oncology developing educational tools to aid in the process of certification for medical oncologists. He has served as Associate Editor for the American College of Physicians and is currently Associate Editor for ASCO-SEP. His major interest is in solid tumor oncology with special focus on gastrointestinal and breast oncology.
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Internship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Medical School: New York University School of Medicine
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Oncology