Jules C. Beal, M.D. Specialties: Pediatric Neurology
If you do not see your insurance listed, please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Aetna - NYP
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield Healthplus
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans
- United Healthcare
Book an Appointment Online
About Jules C. Beal, M.D.
Dr. Jules Beal is an assistant professor of clinical pediatrics at Weill Cornell Medicine and an attending pediatric neurologist at NewYork-Presbyterian Queens.
Dr. Beal received his medical degree (M.D.) from the Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York. He trained in Pediatrics at Cohen Children's Hospital in New Hyde Park, NY, and completed his residency in Child Neurology and a fellowship in Clinical Neurophysiology and Epilepsy at the Montefiore Medical Center / Albert Einstein College of Medicine in The Bronx. He is board certified both in Neurology with Special Qualification in Child Neurology, and in Epilepsy by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
His clinical expertise is in childhood seizures, epileptic encephalopathies, neurocutaneous disorders, and migraine, in addition to general pediatric neurology. He has directed specialty clinics dedicated to neurocutaneous disorders and neurogenetic conditions. He also has extensive experience working with critically ill children and managing the neurologic manifestations and complications of complex medical diseases.
In addition to his clinical practice, Dr. Beal is active in research and education. He has initiated or been involved with multiple hospital-based quality improvement measures. He has participated in numerous clinical trials in child neurology and epilepsy, and has published more than 20 journal articles and chapters. Dr. Beal regularly gives talks to medical professionals on various topics in child neurology, and has been invited to speak at conferences by the American Epilepsy Society and the International League Against Epilepsy. He is a member of the American Epilepsy Society and the Child Neurology Society.
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Queens Hospital
- Degrees: Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Degrees: Villanova University
- Neurology With Special Qualifications In Child Neurology
- 2019, Al Spiro Resident Teaching Award, Montefiore Medical Center
- 2019, New York SuperDoctors
- 2017, International League Against Epilepsy Leadership Program Awardee
- 2016 - 2018, SuperDoctors Rising Stars
- 2013, Research Fellowship in Behavioral Science, Bronx Psychiatric Center
- 2012, Isabelle Rapin Scholarly Activity Award, Montefiore Medical Center
- 2007, Award for “Most Loved by Patients,” Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- 2000, Celina Mariceth Ramos Writing Award, Villanova University