Karan Wats, MD Specialties: Internal Medicine, Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Local 1199
- Magnacare (National)
About Karan Wats, MD
Dr. Karan Wats is an Assistant Professor of Medicine and Cardiologist, specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of patients with advanced heart failure. His practice includes those requiring left ventricular assist device or heart transplantation. He also attends as a cardiac intensivist. He is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Echocardiography, Nuclear Cardiology, Hypertension and Advanced Heart Failure & Transplant Cardiology.
Dr. Wats received his medical degree from Dayanand Medical College and Hospital, India. He completed his internship and residency in Internal Medicine at Maimonides Medical Center. He then went on to do Hypertension Research fellowship at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai followed by Cardiology fellowship at Maimonides Medical Center and Advanced Heart Failure, Transplant fellowship at Westchester Medical Center. He is particularly interested in infiltrative cardiomyopathy and currently serves as an associate director for amyloid program.
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- Fellowship: Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- Fellowship: Maimonides Medical Center
- Fellowship: Westchester Medical Center
- Internship: Maimonides Medical Center
- Medical School: Dayanand Medical College and Hospital
- Residency: Maimonides Medical Center
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine, Hypertension