Kimberly L Cooper, MD Specialties: Urology
Additional Locations for Kimberly L Cooper, MD
- 161 Fort Washington AvenueNew York
- 51 West 51st StreetNew York
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Local 1199
- Magnacare (National)
- Oxford Health Plans
- Quality Health Management
About Kimberly L Cooper, MD
Dr. Kimberly L. Cooper received her undergraduate degree from Harvard University and her medical degree from the Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons. She completed her urology residency training at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center before completing a fellowship in voiding dysfunction, female urology and neurourology at the same institution.
Dr. Cooper is board certified in urology. She sees female and male patients with voiding dysfunction including urinary incontinence, overactive bladder, urinary infections, urine retention, vaginal prolapse, hematuria, pelvic pain, neurogenic bladder, and BPH. She has expertise in performing urodynamic testing. Her clinical and research interests include voiding dysfunction, urinary tract infections, and minimizing antibiotic use by maximizing behavioral interventions and alternative therapies to prevent UTIs.
She is a former competitive tennis player who played for Harvard University. She lives with her husband and two daughters in Westchester.
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy
Chronic Female Pelvic Pain
Female Pelvic Organ Prolapse
Female Pelvic Pain
Hematuria (Blood In Urine)
UTI (Urinary Tract Infection)
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Internship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Medical School: Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center