Koji Takeda, MD Specialties: Thoracic and Cardiac Surgery, Cardiac Surgery
Additional Locations for Koji Takeda, MD
- 525 East 68th StreetNew York
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Healthplus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Fidelis Care
- Local 1199
- Magnacare (National)
- MVP Health Care
- Oxford Health Plans
- VNSNY CHOICE
About Koji Takeda, MD
Koji Takeda, MD, PhD is a cardiac surgeon and Surgical Director for Adult Heart Transplant at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical Center.
Dr. Takeda has a focus on heart failure, heart transplant surgery and mechanical circulatory support through ventricular assist devices (VADs). In addition to his clinical work, he is an active researcher in all of these areas, as well as in cardiac regeneration therapy.
Dr. Takeda completed his medical training, post-graduate training, residency and fellowship in Osaka, Japan, after which he completed an advanced cardiovascular surgery fellowship at Northwestern University, Chicago. He is the recipient of multiple honors and awards including the American College of Chest Physicians Award, Japan Branch, 2009; and chief resident award and best resident award, 2005, at the National Cardiovascular Center, Osaka, Japan.
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- Fellowship: McGaw Medical Center - Northwestern University
- Fellowship: University Hospital
- Medical School: University of Osaka Medical School
- Residency: University Hospital
- 2009 American College of Chest Physicians Award, Japan Branch
- 2005 Chief Resident of the Year, National Cardiovascular Center
- 2005 Resident of the Year, National Cardiovascular Center
- 1999 Best score award in Ob/Gyn