Kristin M. Burkart, MD Specialties: Critical Care Medicine
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Local 1199
- Magnacare (National)
- MVP Health Care
- Oxford Health Plans
- United Health Care
About Kristin M. Burkart, MD
Kristin M. Burkart, MD, MSc, is an Assistant Professor of Medicine at Columbia University Medical Center and the Program Director of the Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Fellowship. She is also the Director of the Chest Clinic. Dr. Burkart graduated AOA from Albany Medical College, completed her residency and chief residency at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center and completed her fellowship in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine at Boston University School of Medicine. She has a Master of Science in Epidemiology from Boston University School of Public Health.
Dr. Burkart attends in the MICU, on the pulmonary consultative service, the ICU consultative service and the chronic ventilator management service. She is committed to providing quality palliative care at end-of-life and is an active member of the Ethics Committee. Dr. Burkart is dedicated to providing high-quality care for the diverse, under-served patient population cared for in the Chest Clinic.
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- Critical Care Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Pulmonary Disease Medicine
- 1990 Phi Sigma, Biology Honor Society
- 1991 Alpha Epsilon Delta, Pre-Med Honor Society
- 1992 Cum Laude, Villanova University
- 1994 Hematology Summer Clinical & Research Award
- 1995 Alpha Omega Alpha
- 1996 Fredrick H. Hesser Prize for clinical excellence in Neurology, Albany Medical College
- 1996 Richard A. Barnett Award for clinical excellence in Internal Medicine, Albany Medical College
- 2008 AAMC Professional Development Seminar for Early Career Women Faculty Travel Award from College of Physicians & Surgeons of Columbia University
- 2011 Fellow American College of Chest Physicians