Luz A. Matiz-Zanoni, MD Specialties: Pediatrics, Primary Care, Pediatrician (General Pediatrics)
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Healthplus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Fidelis Care
- Local 1199
- Magnacare (National)
- MVP Health Care
- Oxford Health Plans
- Quality Health Management
- VNSNY CHOICE
About Luz A. Matiz-Zanoni, MD
Dr. Adriana Matiz is a Professor of Pediatrics at Columbia University Medical Center. She is also the medical director of NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital's Center for Community Health Navigation, where she oversees the clinical integration and model development of the Patient Navigator and Community Health Worker programs across the healthcare system. Dr. Matiz has served as the medical director of WIN for Asthma, a nationally recognized program to strengthen community-wide asthma management for children in northern Manhattan; the program later expanded the community health worker model to include adult patients with diabetes. She has created an asthma medical home model for children, pediatric care management model, and a model of care for children with special health care needs in primary care practices to improve care and reduce preventable healthcare utilization. Her passion is to decrease health disparities and to expand the delivery of culturally competent care.
Dr. Matiz is a native of Colombia, raised in NYC and a graduate of NYU College of Arts and Science and the School of Medicine. She completed her pediatric training and subsequent Chief Residency at Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine and resides with her family in the Bronx.
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital
- Fellowship: Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx,NY
- Internship: Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx,NY
- Medical School: New York University School of Medicine
- Residency: Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx,NY