Marc Bessler, MD
Marc Bessler, MD
Specialties: Bariatric Surgery, General SurgeryMore specialties
Accepting new patients
161 Fort Washington Avenue
, NY 10032
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis Care
- Magnacare national
- MVP Health Care
- Oxford Health Plans
- VNSNY CHOICE
About Marc Bessler, MD
Dr. Marc Bessler is the United States Surgical Professor of Surgery at Columbia University Medical Center. A fellow of the American College of Surgeons, Dr. Bessler's clinical specialties include laparoscopic and single incision bariatric surgery. He earned his medical degree from New York University School of Medicine, and completed his residency in general surgery and his fellowship in surgical endoscopy at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital in New York City.
- NewYork-Presbyterian Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Lawrence Hospital
- NewYork-Presbyterian Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Barrett Esophagus
- Cancer Care
- Endoscopic Gastric Balloon Placement
- Esophageal Cancer
- Esophageal Surgery
- Gallbladder Surgery
- Gastric Bypass
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- GERD Laparoscopic Technique
- GERD Surgery
- Hiatal Hernia
- Laparoscopic Anti-reflux Surgery
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
- Laparoscopic Fundoplication
- Laparoscopic Revisional Bariatric Surgery
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Metabolic Surgery
- Minimal Access Surgery (GERD)
- Obesity Surgery
- Stomach Cancer
- Stomach Surgery
- Medical School: New York University School of Medicine
- Medical School: Yeshiva University
- Blakemore Award for Surgical Research, 1992 and 1993.
- Blakernore Prize for Excellence in Surgical Research, June 1996.
- New York Magazine's Top Doctors, 2005-2016.
- Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons, Resident Achievement Award, Best Resident Presentation, SAGES, 1995.