Marc Bessler, MD Specialties: Bariatric Surgery, General Surgery, Cancer Care
Doctor Office Hours
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Monday||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Tuesday||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Wednesday||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Thursday||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Friday||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Fidelis Care
- Magnacare (National)
- MVP Health Care
- Oxford Health Plans
- VNSNY CHOICE
About Marc Bessler, MD
Dr. Marc Bessler is the United States Surgical Professor of Surgery at Columbia University Medical Center. A fellow of the American College of Surgeons, Dr. Bessler's clinical specialties include laparoscopic and single incision bariatric surgery. He earned his medical degree from New York University School of Medicine, and completed his residency in general surgery and his fellowship in surgical endoscopy at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital in New York City.
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Lawrence Hospital
Bariatric/Weight Loss Surgery
Endoscopic Gastric Balloon Placement
Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease
Laparoscopic Anti-reflux Surgery
Laparoscopic Revisional Bariatric Surgery
Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy
Minimal Access Surgery-GERD
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Internship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Medical School: Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- New York Magazine's Top Doctors, 2005-2016.
- Blakemore Award for Surgical Research, 1992 and 1993.
- Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons, Resident Achievement Award, Best Resident Presentation, SAGES, 1995.
- Blakernore Prize for Excellence in Surgical Research, June 1996.