Marc Bessler, MD Specialties: Bariatric Surgery, General Surgery
Marc Bessler, MD
Specialties: Bariatric Surgery, General Surgery
Accepting new patients
161 Fort Washington Avenue
, NY 10032
Doctor Office Hours
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Monday||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Tuesday||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Wednesday||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Thursday||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Friday||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Capital District Physician Health Plan
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Magnacare (National)
- MVP Health Care
- Oxford Health Plans
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE SelectHealth
About Marc Bessler, MD
Dr. Marc Bessler is the United States Surgical Professor of Surgery at Columbia University Medical Center. A fellow of the American College of Surgeons, Dr. Bessler's clinical specialties include laparoscopic and single incision bariatric surgery. He earned his medical degree from New York University School of Medicine, and completed his residency in general surgery and his fellowship in surgical endoscopy at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital in New York City.
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Allen Hospital
- NewYork-Presbyterian Lawrence Hospital
Bariatric/Weight Loss Surgery
Endoscopic Gastric Balloon Placement
Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease
Laparoscopic Anti-reflux Surgery
Laparoscopic Revisional Bariatric Surgery
Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy
Minimal Access Surgery-GERD
- Medical School: New York University School of Medicine
- Medical School: Yeshiva University
- Blakemore Award for Surgical Research, 1992 and 1993.
- Blakernore Prize for Excellence in Surgical Research, June 1996.
- New York Magazine's Top Doctors, 2005-2016.
- Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons, Resident Achievement Award, Best Resident Presentation, SAGES, 1995.