Additional Locations for Marisa Censani, M.D.
- 505 East 70th StreetNew York
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Aetna - NYP
- Aetna - Weill Cornell
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield Healthplus
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans
- United Healthcare
- VNSNY CHOICE
About Marisa Censani, M.D.
Dr. Marisa Censani is an Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at Weill Cornell Medicine and an Assistant Attending Pediatrician at New York-Presbyterian Hospital, and Director of the Pediatric Obesity Program at the NYP/Komansky Center and Weill Cornell Medicine. She is board certified in Pediatrics, Pediatric Endocrinology and in Obesity Medicine. Dr. Censani received a B.S. in Biology from Fordham University in Bronx, New York, graduating summa cum laude. She received her medical degree (M.D.) from Penn State College of Medicine where she was the recipient of the Bedrick Pediatric Medical Student Research Scholarship and completed both her internship and residency at Weill Cornell Medical Center/New York-Presbyterian Hospital in New York. After residency, she remained in New York City and completed a fellowship in Pediatric Endocrinology at Columbia University Medical Center/New York-Presbyterian Hospital. Dr. Censani’s professional areas of interest and expertise include pediatric obesity, bone and mineral metabolism, growth, and diabetes. During her fellowship, she was involved in several obesity and bone mineral metabolism related patient oriented research studies, including the effects of bariatric surgery and weight loss on adolescent bone health, and was the recipient of a 2012 Clinical Research Grant from the Genentech Center for Clinical Research in Endocrinology. She has published original articles in peer-reviewed journals pertaining to her research and has presented her work at both national and international conferences. Dr. Censani was one of three featured speakers in the 2012 Endocrine Society Annual Meeting news conference on vitamin D and her research has been reported in numerous media outlets, including Clinical Endocrinology News, Science News, and Science Daily.DR. CENSANI IN THE NEWS[Medscape, 4/3/17]: Low Vitamin D Tied to CV Problems in Kids -- Improving Vitamin D Status May Reduce Cardiometabolic Risk[VIDEO: NY1] Fit Kids: Families Learn to Tame Kids' Taste Buds
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Internship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Medical School: University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- 2013 Pediatric Endocrine Society Travel Grant, Washington, D.C.
- 2012 Endocrine Trainee Day, Endocrine Society Meeting, Houston, TX
- 2012 Pediatric Endocrine Society Spring Retreat, Boston, MA
- 2012 Pediatric Endocrine Society Travel Grant, Boston, MA
- 2011 Endocrine Society Clinical Investigators Workshop, San Francisco, CA
- 2011 ASBMR Presidents Poster Competition Award at American Society for Bone & Mineral Research (ASBMR) Annual Meeting, San Diego, CA
- 2011 EFF/ASBMR Fifth Fellows Forum on Metabolic Bone Diseases, San Diego, CA.
- 2011 Endocrine Fellows Foundation Preceptorship in Metabolic Bone Diseases, New York, NY.
- 2006 Bedrick Pediatric Medical Student Research Scholarship
- 2004 Dr. M. Elaine Eyster Scholarship in Medicine