Melanie Wilson-Taylor, M.D. Specialties: Pediatrics, General Pediatrics
Additional Locations for Melanie Wilson-Taylor, M.D.
- 1283 York AvenueNew York
- 1283 York AvenueNew York
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Aetna - NYP
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield Healthplus
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans
- United Healthcare
About Melanie Wilson-Taylor, M.D.
Dr. Melanie Wilson-Taylor is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics at Weill Cornell Medicine and an Assistant Attending Pediatrician at New York-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center and NYP Komansky Children's Hospital. She is the Director of the Pediatric Residency Program at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center.
After earning an undergraduate degree in Economics at Yale University, Dr. Wilson-Taylor achieved her medical degree (M.D.) from Weill Cornell Medical College, where she was awarded a National Medical Fellowship and served as a Community Service Fellow. She completed her pediatric residency at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center, where she also served as Chief Resident.
Dr. Wilson-Taylor joined the Weill Cornell Medicine faculty in General Academic Pediatrics as a hospitalist in newborn medicine and a clinician in the Pediatric Ambulatory Care Network. Her work focused on medical student training in pediatrics, pediatric residency education in the nursery and the outpatient setting. During this time, she completed the Teaching for Tomorrow program in residency education and a Weill Cornell Healthcare Leadership Fellowship. Her areas of interest over the years include quality and patient safety, patient education and communication, cultural competency, and community outreach.
In 2015, Dr. Wilson-Taylor transitioned to private practice in Brooklyn, where she honed her skills in primary care pediatrics. She returned to Weill Cornell Medicine's General Academic Pediatrics Division after five years of outpatient work with increased focus on pediatric residency education in primary care and program development, community outreach and diversity, equity, and inclusion within the academic institution.
Dr. Wilson-Taylor is board-eligible in Pediatrics and a member of the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Internship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/ Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/ Weill Cornell Medical Center
- 2015 Weill Cornell Department of Pediatrics Award for Teaching Excellence Pediatric Housestaff, NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- 2015 Elizabeth Rohatyn Awards for Community Service Lenox Hill Neighborhood House
- 2014 Department of Nursings Physician of the Year Award NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital