Michael G. Kaplitt, M.D., Ph.D. Specialties: Neurological Surgery
Doctor Office Hours
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Monday||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Tuesday||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Wednesday||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Thursday||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Friday||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Aetna - NYP
- Aetna - Weill Cornell
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield Healthplus
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans
- United Healthcare
- VNSNY CHOICE
About Michael G. Kaplitt, M.D., Ph.D.
Dr. Kaplitt combines surgical expertise with advanced training in state-of-the-art technology to provide patients with effective, minimally invasive treatments for degenerative disorders, including Parkinson's disease, essential tremor, and dystonia. He also provides novel treatments for psychiatric disorders such as obsessive-compulsive disorder as well as for experimental treatment of major depression and drug addiction, and is using both. Dr. Kaplitt is an expert in the use of implanted devices for the treatment of medication-resistant complex pain, spasticity, and adult hydrocephalus. He is also an expert in various surgical therapies for trigeminal neuralgia.
- Internship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Medical School: Weill Cornell Medical College
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center