Michael J. Smith, M.D.
Additional Locations for Michael J. Smith, M.D.
- 506 6th StreetBrooklyn
- 340 4th AvenueBrooklyn
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- 1199 National Benefit Fund
- Aetna - NYP
- Aetna - Weill Cornell
- Aetna [Weill Cornell Employee Plan]
- Affinity [HMO]
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield [Pathway Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Healthplus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield Healthplus
- Fidelis Care
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans
- Oxford Health Plans [Metro/Core/Charter (HMO)]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- VNSNY CHOICE
About Michael J. Smith, M.D.
Michael J. Smith, M.D. is a Board Certified Radiation Oncologist at Weill Cornell Medicine/New York Presbyterian. Dr. Smith received his undergraduate degree from Tufts University and his medical degree from Tufts University School of Medicine in Boston. After medical school, he completed his internship at David Grant United States Air Force Medical Center in Northern California. Upon completion of his internship, Dr. Smith served as a United States Air Force Flight Surgeon, with tours of duty at Kirtland Air Force Base, New Mexico, and at Ramstein Air Force Base, Germany. While serving as an Aeromedical Evacuation Flight Surgeon in Germany, he earned the Air Force Commendation Medal for meritorious service and the Air Force Achievement Medal. He was also awarded the Clarence M. Mackay Trophy for his medical response to the USS Cole terrorist bombing.After serving four years reserve duty and five years active duty, Dr. Smith completed his residency in Radiation Oncology at Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York, New York in 2005. He was Chief Resident his final year, and was involved in multiple prostate cancer research projects.Dr. Smith was on staff at Massachusetts General Hospital, at which time he held an academic appointment at Harvard Medical School.At New York Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medicine, Dr. Smith treats a variety of cancers, including prostate cancer and other genitourinary cancers, such as bladder and testicular cancer, breast cancer, including partial breast brachytherapy and intraoperative radiation therapy, and lymphoma, among others.Dr. Smith was named as the recipient of the 2011 Patient Centered Care Physician Champion Award at New York Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medicine.
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Lower Manhattan Hospital
- Internship: David Grant USAF Medical Center
- Residency: Mount Sinai Medical Center
- Radiation Oncology